Sustainability Statement

Mr Memory - Working towards a sustainable future

Mr Memory is tackling climate change as a team with an aim to being carbon neutral by 2025. Following the COP26 summit, we now know more than ever that it is our responsibility as a company to do more to help the planet. We are learning each day to reduce our carbon footprint and to help make the world a better place.

We are making changes in all areas of the business from procurement to recycling. Every small change that we make, we know is a step forward to being carbon neutral.

At Mr Memory we only use suppliers who use sustainable packaging and donate to environmental charity projects. We also purchase from the UK where possible to cut emissions and reduce freight shipments.

Reduce

Reuse

Recycle

The philosophy we use as a company is Reduce → Reuse → Recycle as we believe that this is the best way forward to becoming green. First of all, we always aim to reduce our generation of waste. The next stage is to reuse anything we can, from water bottles to cardboard boxes, and for everything else we make sure we recycle as much as possible. Anything we are unable to recycle goes into our general waste which is then incinerated and turned into electricity.


Reduce

Mr Memory is aiming to reduce waste production across all aspects of the business and work with suppliers who do the same.

  • We encourage our employees to walk, cycle or car share
  • We have waste reduction procedures in place - all of our packaging can be recycled
  • Our printing is limited to essential customer paperwork only
  • Our energy supplier is working towards using 100% renewable electricity and is a Principal Partner of COP26
  • When not in use all electrical devices are turned off and we always purchase energy efficient devices
  • We are in the process of upgrading all of our lighting to energy efficient LED bulbs
  • All of our suppliers use recyclable packaging, which we reuse where possible

Below are some examples of how you can help by reusing or recycling the materials we send with your order.

Reuse

We encourage our customers to reuse our packaging where possible.

  • Mailing bags - use to store/waterproof valuable items (e.g documents)
  • Jiffy bags - use to send old memory back for recycling, use for storage or posting other items
  • Anti-static bags - use for storing small items (e.g screws, paper clips)
  • Paper invoice - shred and use for packaging, animal bedding etc. Can also be recycled by some recycling facilities, please check with your local authority
  • Used RAM, HDDs/SSDs and other computer components - resell or donate to a friend or suitable charity, maybe your local school can make use of them! Used components can even be used for artwork (e.g. Used motherboards were used to create a map of the world which was auctioned off in Europe)

Please recycle items you are unable to reuse in line with your local authority guidelines.

Recycle

99% of our packaging can be recycled and we are working on the remaining 1%.

Can be recycled

  • Jiffy bags
  • Cardboard boxes
  • Mailing bags (LDPE)*
  • Paper
  • Anti-static plastic packaging
  • Haribo packets*
  • Used RAM, HDDs/SSDs etc - See Free Recycling for details

Not currently recyclable

  • Anti-static bags - We are working on a recyclable version so we can hit our 100% target!
  • Shredded paper (if you choose to shred)

* Subject to local authority facilities. Please check with your local council.

Let's be eco-responsible together. Get involved.

Mr Memory is proud
to partner with top brands
SamsungCrucialMicronIntegralKingston

Join FREE for exclusive discounts and news

Your email address
GO
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instagram YouTube Trustpilot Google
TOP

Americanino Limited T/A Mr Memory
D3 Yeoman Gate, Yeoman Way
Worthing, West Sussex
BN13 3QZ
UK

Registered in England & Wales - Company Registration No: 02012072.
UK VAT No: GB 641 1660 65.

The trademark Mr Memory is the exclusive property of Americanino Limited and is protected by UK Trademark Registration No: 2616298.

We accept PayPal Apple Pay Google Pay VisaMastercardMaestroAmerican Express